Saturday, December 08, 2012

十二月八日:和整個宇宙抗衡的/悖反的勇氣


方才看完電影女人香末段、艾爾帕西諾鏗鏘有力的演講片段:

As I came in here, I heard those words, "cradle of leadership." Well, when the bow breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here; it has fallen. Makers of men; creators of leaders; be careful what kind of leaders you're producin' here. I don't know if Charlie's silence here today is right or wrong.

I'm not a judge or jury. But I can tell you this: he won't sell anybody out to buy his future!! And that, my friends, is called integrity! That's called courage! Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of. Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie. He's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle -- that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey.

You hold this boy's future in your hands, committee. It's a valuable future. Believe me. Don't destroy it! Protect it. Embrace it. It's gonna make ya proud one day -- I promise you.

艾爾帕西諾飾演一位歷經戰火洗禮的退役中校,眼盲但心不盲,在戰場上他看過多少像查理這樣的青年,手折了、腳斷了,但還不及殘缺的心靈--心靈可是沒有義肢的。最後那段搖籃與十字路口的比喻,聯想至近日事件實在令人玩味:究竟清大這座「領袖搖籃」想培育出什麼樣的領袖,是禮貌、謊言、閃避不表態,還是勇氣、正直、不妥協的靈魂?

作為自許:
「我們擁有的/是可以和整個宇宙抗衡的/悖反的勇氣」--楊佳嫻〈逆雨〉

No comments :

Post a Comment